Chris was back last month! Hooray! He was here April 21-23, and then from the 30th-May 6th. In between, he went to Tennessee to see his family and get his wisdom teeth out (and let me tell you, he is so much less clever now. haha, get it. Wisdom teeth humor.)
Originally, the plan was for me to go to Dominica this time, but we decided it wasn't the best idea. We would run out of activities to do on the island. It would get boring really quick. And he was worried that I would get sick eating the food on the island. I was fine with him coming here. I don't feel like I missed out on anything by not going to Dominica.
My birthday had just passed and our 6-year anniversary was a few days in the future. We wanted to do something special and go somewhere for a couple days. We didn't was to spend a lot, so we decided to go back to Disney World! We went there on our very first vacation together, so it sounded good.
We got a Park Hopper pass and started our long day at Magic Kingdom. Of course we went on Space, Splash, and Big Thunder Mountains. After doing nearly all of Magic Kingdom, we jumped over to Animal Kingdom. I had never been to this park, so it was fun! We saw all the animals and took dorky pictures. We spent the rest of the night at EPCOT and traveled around the World Showcase area. We got beer and a pretzel at Germany, noodles, pocki, and mochi in Japan, pastries in France, chocolates in Italy, and this chocolate drizzled-raisin bread pretzel thing in Norway. Too full of food for a churro in Mexico. That would have been our next stop. We had spent 12 hours at the parks and I was exhaused at the end of the night!
We did some shopping while we were in Orlando. Unfortunantly, we didn't go to the Ikea Store. Last time we were there, Chris had to drag me out the door. Too much fun to be had in Ikea!
One night we had dinner with his family in Tequesta. His cousins got so big!! Kiera is a little dancing machine. I taught her how to do the robot. And Lily is now walking! Chris's uncle, Peter, came down from New York for a visit, so he was at dinner too. He travels a lot for his job and he was talking about some of the cool European trips he had this year. On our way home from dinner, Chris and I were talking about how cool it would be to travel around Europe together, and we kinda got thinking about maybe actually going there next time he gets a break.
We started talking about where we would like to go, then researching prices and logistics just for curiousity's sake. Then we made the decision that we were really going to do this. I talked to our family friend/travel agent and she got flights and hotels booked for us! We're going August 19-September 3. London, Amsterdam, Berlin, Prague, and Vienna. We'll be riding the EURail from place to place. I'm so totally more than excited! I can't believe I have to wait 3 months! I want to go now!
(Everyone from my work friends to my family keeps saying that it would be so romantic if Chris proposes in Europe. That would be so freaking amazing!)
No comments:
Post a Comment