Wednesday, September 14, 2011

June 16th??

So Chris and I set a preliminary date for the wedding... Sunday, June 16th 2012.

Chris is doing his 5th semester in Miramar from January to April. He needs to take his STEP test before May 31st if he wants to start clinical rotations on July 30. But from the day after he takes his STEP test until the middle of July, he pretty has nothing else to do, school-wise. We thought that this time would be best for the wedding. Once he starts rotations, he'll be going non-stop for quite a while. June will give us just enough time for a ceremony and a honeymoon!

Because June is less than a year away, mom and I really have to get planning and nail down a site. We visited 3 places this afternoon. Two were recommended by friends, and they weren't what we were looking for. They were golf course reception halls, and they just looked bland. The third place is in the running. They have a pretty outside area to have the ceremony, and a fancy-looking reception room inside. An added bonus is that June 16th is still available.

I'm also considering getting married in a church. I've always wanted to walk down an "aisle" and have a grand entrance. The only problem is that Chris was never baptized, which means a church (any denomination) is a no-go. Friday, mom and I are checking out Breakers West and International Polo Club. On my next day off, we're headed out to Singer Island and places along the beach.

Oh, and my ring is finally sized right! Hooray!

Oh, and I had my first bridezilla moment this afternoon with Chris. I only ask him to do small, easy things because he has classes and studying (as he puts it, more important things to do). Anyways, I was skyping him after I got home from checking out venues, and he was back in his apartment just relaxing. I wanted him to try to work on his guest list with me, and he was being difficult. And I wanted his opinion of the places I looked at, and he was being more difficult. I got very cranky and snapped at him. We don't have the luxury of time on our side, so I need him to make decisions.

Uggg...

1 comment:

  1. Congrats!! (again!!) anyways, just wanted to let you know that if he wants to, Mom went through all the sacraments for the catholic church to get married in the church in like 3 weeks. She was Baptist so she may have been baptized before that but lots of churches prefer to baptize after you are an adult anyways because it signifies "choosing". I know there are a couple in Wellington. :) Let me know if you want any other help with venues or ideas, I helped plan my cousins wedding at the Jupiter Beach Resort - HIGHLY recommend that place!

    ReplyDelete