Chris is in Miami with his pre-med school MERP program. He's super stressed about it because if he doesn't pass his classes (Microbio, Anatomy, Biochem, and another one which I forget), then he isn't invited to the real med school. He has weekly quizes and 3 exams (each exam is 32% of his grade). Everytime I talk to him, he sounds so stressed and exhausted. Chris has always been the happy, cheerful guy, but hearing how overwhelmed he is makes me sad. He wakes up at 6:00 every morning, walks to class, listens to lectures from 8-12, comes home and starts studying and re-watching lectures online. He says he barely has time for the gym, which is insane because he used to spend hours at the gym everyday! All I want to do is teleport to Miami and just give him a hug and make all his worrying go away.
I still mope and get sad about not being with him. Not as much as before, which is really good, but there are times where I'll be doing something and it will remind me of the time when Chris and I _______.
I visited him for our 5-year anniversary in the beginning of May. I stayed for three days and it was so good to see him! We pretty much just stayed in and hung out in his bed, if you know what I mean. The apartment he lives in is real close to the UM campus so there are a lot of shops and restaurants within walking distance. He took me birthday shopping and we went out for dinner at this cute pizza place. Chris kept apologizing for not having any major plans for our anniversary, but I didn't need a candle-lit dinner or a night on the town. I was beyond happy just being able to sit next to him on the couch and watch The Amazing Race together while throwing pretzels at each other.
With me moving back to Wellington is a couple days, I'll only be a 90-minute drive away. Chris is already begging for me to come see him again so he can relieve some stress, if you know what I mean. And to snuggle too of course!
No comments:
Post a Comment