A mystery shopper came in last week and I was working that day. My score was 20/25. I lost 5 points by not using the customer's name. (i.e. "Thank you Mr. Smith for shopping with us today") I think it's so creepy when cashiers look at my credit card and call me "Nicole" or "Ms. Bauman", so that's why I don't do it. But my managers were very happy about my score.
A Short Conversation
Me (to a customer): Hi!
Customer: I'd love to be that.
Me: What?
Customer: Hiiiiigh (Said while bringing up an imaginary weed joint to his lips)
An elderly man came in and he talked about working in Hollywood. He was once behind Barbara Streisand at a coffee cart in a movie studio. He used to eat lunch with Brendan Frasier while they were working on a movie. He once worked with Sally Field on one of her movies and thinks she is one of the nicest celebs. I never asked what he did exactly, but I guess it was something behind the scenes. His face completely lit up as he was telling these stories. I'm sure he had so many more to tell, but I was the only cashier and a line of customers was starting to form.
For the 40th anniversary of man walking on the moon, Borders threw a space-themed party today. Being the "Children's Specialist", I had to run it. I met with one of my managers this morning and we went over the details. The corporate office sent out a coloring sheet, maze, and word search for theparty, so I made plenty of copies of those. I picked out a space-themed book to read to the kids, and we had snacks from the cafe. I even got to have on of my co-workers to assist me. I had so much fun! There were two little girls (Violet and Amy who were 4 and 7 years old) who were from Korea (WALF!) who were like my BFF's for the afternoon. We colored together and read books and talked about Disney World. They told me all about a theme park they used to go to in Korea, and I think it's the knock-off Disney one we talked about last night at Mochi!!!! The space coloring sheet I made is on my fridge!
I kind of like it when cashiers use my name when I'm shopping. It makes it more personal. But I think I may just have been indoctrinated by JCPenney and retail training.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I totally love that the Korean girls were totally talking about the knock-off disney. yay!