Sunday, September 6, 2009

Hot List 5!

BOOKS!

The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein. Man, this book made me cry! Enzo, a great, loyal, smart, funny dog, is the storyteller of this book. When the book opens, we learn that Enzo is sick and can't wait for death because he thinks he's going to be reincarnated into what he wants to be most in the world, a man. Garth Stein uses Enzo's canine POV to tell of Denny Swift's (Enzo's owner) life, from the highest highs to the heartbreaking lows. Through everything, Enzo wishes for the day when he can speak, and hug, and just be human, so he can give love back to Denny and everyone else who loved him. I know I'm not really giving this book justice, but I really really liked it!!

Everything Matters! by Ron Currie Jr. What if you knew, from the time you were in the womb, that in 38 years, the world will be destroyed. Would anything you did in your life matter, since the world is ending? That's pretty much what Junior Thibodeau thinks. In this book, we follow Junior, and see how he lives his life while thinking that nothing he does will even matter. However, when given a chance to go back in time and start his life over from scratch, will Junior believe that everything he does really does matter?


MUSIC!

1. "Lisztomania" by Phoenix. (Way cool "dance in the shower" song!)
2. "Battlefield" by Jordin Sparks. (I cannot get this song out of my head!)
3. "I Want You Back" by Discovery. (Cool electro/alt remix of The Jackson 5 hit. We play this CD at work and I love it!)
4. "Date With The Night" by Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs. (Choke choke choke choke)
5. "You Belong With Me" by Taylor Swift. (Yeah, I know... Taylor Swift. But I like it!)


THINGS!

1. My new job promotion!! More details to come later!

2. College football season! Go Gators! Win another championship!!

3. Alias Season 1!! I finished watching the first season and now I'm on to season 2. When are Sydney and Vaughn going to hook up! There's definately some sexual tension that I'm seeing!

4. My new DVR! List of all the TV shows I'm planning on recording (In order of when the shows are coming back on this month)!!
  1. Glee
  2. So You Think You Can Dance
  3. ANTM
  4. Vampire Diaries (Yes, I'm going to give this show a try)
  5. One Tree Hill (Yes, I still watch this)
  6. The Biggest Loser
  7. The Office
  8. Community
  9. Bored to Death (Jason Schwartzman on HBO)
  10. Dancing With The Stars
  11. Eastwick
  12. Flashforward
  13. Amazing Race
  14. Gator football games (Hip hip hooray Tim Tebow!)
  15. NBC Nightly News (I love me some Brian Williams!)

I think the DVR is going to explode! I know that I'll be working like every night, so I'll probably won't be able to watch these shows when they first come on.

1 comment:

  1. how's glee? i saw the previews, but i forgot to record it.

    can't wait to hear about the job promotion!

    also, drinks/girls night with katie sometime soon?

    ReplyDelete