- reading
- watching all the shows stored on the DVR
- on extending food shopping missions, with trips to Whole Foods, Upper Crust, and Wards
- baking
- walking around the mall looking for some new cute clothes
- cleaning my closet, trying to figure out where to put the new clothes and what I can give away to Goodwill
- re-arranging my books
- redesigning iTunes playlists and searching for new music to buy
- trying to curl my hair
- dancing around the house while cleaning**
- scrapbooking
- updating my Netflix queue
- watching tv shows on Hulu
- Perezhilton.com (Ugg I know, pretty pathetic)
** "Cleaning" = dusting with one of those magic dust-attracting cloth thingers
The idea of sitting at my desk for hours pouring over reading comprehension paragraphs, logic puzzle games, and arguments makes me want to do anything but that!
But, alas, I really do have to study for this stupid test. After all, my future depends on me getting a good score on it. So today, I cracked open my Princeton Review book and got down to business... only after watching some mind-melting TV, checking all three of my email acounts, Facebook stalking some people, twittering, reading some celeb gossip, visiting Entertainment Weekly's website to read some of my favorite entertainment blogs and articles, and playing with Chris.
I lasted all of one hour before my focus started drifting away from my LSAT book and off to other places.
"Which charity am I going to donate to next month? September was the Parkinson's Disease Foundation, so maybe some nature-based organization."
"Tomorrow at work I finally get to train in the cafe. Do I have any shirts that I can afford to ruin in the event that the espresso machine erupts on me?"
"Mom is coming to Gainesville the same weekend as the Friends of the Library Book Sale starts. I wonder if she's willing to spend a couple hours watching me shop for books?"
I went to Publix yesterday, and camped out outside the door, behind a folding table stacked with boxes of popcorn was the cutest little Boy Scout! It was like 100 degrees out, yet he was wearing his full uniform, including knee-length socks and scarf around his neck. He had the cutest tooth-less smile and round, red cheeks, and asked every person coming out of Publix if they wanted to buy some popcorn. Walking from the parking lot to the store, I could tell when a person said no because the boy's body language would go from excited energy to sad droopy shoulders and hanging head. It was so sad! He was like 7 years old! I told myself that on my way out, I would buy some popcorn from him. He looked so cute, and I knew that money would go to a good cause. I made sure I got cash-back from my debit purchase, figuring $10 was plenty enough for Boy Scout popcorn. After all, Girl Scout cookies were like $7.50 or something. As soon as I walk out of Publix, I'm ambushed by the kid. "Hello ma'am. My name is Justin and I'm a Cub Scout! Would you like to buy some popcorn so I can go to camp!" You would have to be heartless to say no! I told him of course I would like to buy some popcorn, and in one breath, he shows me all the different sizes and flavors of popcorn he has on his table. The only thing I could afford with my $10 was an 8oz bucket of caramel corn!! Everything else was $15-$18! I can see why some people would say no, especially since PopSecret was buy one get one free this week. But it's not supposed to be able what you get back. It should be about helping others and doing something for someone other than yourself! So what if all I got was a dinky thing of popcorn... Justin was able to get one step closer to having an amazing camping trip!!
And in the time it took me to write this post, I've listened to The Kook's "Naive" and Jay Sean's "Down", like 5 times each! I love these two songs! I listen to them when I'm on my computer, when I'm driving, when I'm "cleaning". They're really fun to dance to in the shower.
OK, enough procrastinating. Back to LSAT-ing it up. But wait....it's 6:00. I have to start making dinner, and shower, and watch the news, and get ready for my shows (The Amazing Race, Bored to Death, Ken Burns' new documentary series about our National Parks) I guess my time for studying has closed. So I'm closing my LSAT book for the day. Another free afternoon wasted. I'm never going to get into law school.
If you feel like splurging on more donations to the boyscouts... I swear it is the best popcorn you will ever eat.
ReplyDeleteI always had to buy a bunch but my god, its amazing.