I took the GRE yesterday afternoon and I wish I had prepared better for it. The reading comprehension and antonym sections kicked my ass. I should have spent more time learning about root words and how you can decipher word meanings. The math seection was harder than I thought because I didn't know that I wasn't allowed to use a calculator. I should learned tricks and math theories that would have helped me answer some of those questions. Whatev. It's too late to go back, although, if I wanted, I could fork out another $140 and retake the test next month.
I got a call from Borders yesterday asking if I was still interested in a job there. I have an interview in less than 3 hours.
I finished reading "The Time-Traveler's Wife" last night and the ending made me cry. It was such a good book. Before reading it, I thought it would be fun to time travel and go back to the past. Even if I couldn't change anything, there are so many people and places I would like to re-visit and look at from afar. I would love to spend more time listening to granddad's stories, or look down on my first kiss with Chris, or talk to myself as a child and remember what it was like being a kid, or even talk to my future self and ask some questions. In the book, Henry was able to do these things, but he couldn't decide when he was going to time-travel, or even to what point in time he was going to visit. There wasn't even a guarantee that he wouldn't be killed while he was time-traveling. He would disappear and leave his wife wondering, worrying, and yearning for his return. Once I closed the book, I realized that I wouldn't want to time travel. I want to live in the present and enjoy what is in front of me. I would spent too much time dwelling on the past and not enjoying my pressent. The present is now and everything and everyone that I love is here now.
It's hard to put into words what I'm thinking in my head. Isn't that always the case
No comments:
Post a Comment