I LOVE WORKING AT BORDERS!!! I checked out two books yesterday, "If I Stay" and "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society". I had today off, and tomorrow I'm not working either, so there was/is plenty of reading time.
I chose "If I Stay" because I heard a lot about it. Although it's a young adult book, a lot of critics and reviewers loved it. Everyone who read it said it made them cry and look at life differently. The book is about Mia, a 17-year old who lives in Oregon with her mom, dad, and younger brother. After snow cancelled school one morning, Mia and her family decide to take a drive, but they get into a horrible accident. Mia wakes up on the side of the road, looking down on the four bodies belonging to her mom, dad, brother, and herself. It takes her a minute to discover that she's kind of like a ghost and that her body is still alive, but barely. The book alternates between the present and flashbacks as Mia tried to decide whether she wanted to join her family in Heaven or stay on Earth.
"If I Stay" is only 196 pages, and I got into it within the first few pages and couldn't put it down. It made me cry because I kept thinking about what I would do if I were in Mia's position. I'm not going to give away the ending, but it made me cry. Sad.
I'm in the middle of "Guernsey", and so far, I really like it too! I can't wait to finish it, return the two books, and get two more!
I will email that picture to you tonight! Also, I love your blog!
ReplyDeleteGuernsey is where craig's dad worked for a month for his job. It's a crazy crazy rich island, I think.
I stopped by Borders yesterday (I had to go to office depot) in hopes you'd be working, but you weren't... sad.