Thursday, May 7, 2009

Job hunt

I need a summer job, but I feel that I waited too long to begin my hunt. Over the past two days, I've been to

  1. Borders
  2. Barnes and Noble
  3. Books-A-Million
  4. Publix (2 of them!)
  5. Best Buy
  6. Lowes
  7. Target
  8. McCalister's Deli
  9. Pier 1
  10. Ben and Jerry's
  11. UF Bookstore
  12. UF Ticket office at the Philip's Center

Tomorrow I plan on going out to the mall area and area more Gainesville. I don't think I'm that picky. I just don't want to work at a gas station.

I was watching Michael J. Fox's TV special "Confessions of an Incurable Optimist". I think I'm an optimist. I usually think of the best. The show made me thankful the my family, friends, and loved ones are healthy and don't have incurable diseases like Parkinson's. It makes me mad at all the people who oppose stem cell research. There could be a cure for diseases like this in embryo stem cells. I think there is nothing wrong in sacrificing ONE embryo in the hopes of developing a cure than could save the lives of MILLIONS. Uggg... people.

I bought tickets to Cirque du Soleil's Saltimbanco show today. Although Chris is taking me to the show as a belated birthday present, I had to buy the tickets bc Chris had to work. He paid my back when he got home.

Time to do some reading. I finished "The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle" the other day and started "The Time Traveler's Wife" yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment