Old people in Gainesville say weird things. One customer asked to use my "ink pen". Are there any other pens except the ink ones?
An old woman, like 80-years old, came in wearing a get-up that looked almost exactly like the outfit Olivia Newton-John worn in her "Let's Get Physical" music video.( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spaw8bCZMHc ) This lady had on a pink leotard, black sweat pants, a pink bandana/sweatband thing on her head, and crazy white sneakers. She looked so silly.
A woman who worked for the local hospice center (she still had her badge on... that's how I knew who she was) came in and bought a photobook called "Life". Kinda ironic.
A man came in to buy the book "The Art of War" as a gift for his pastor. Another irony.
A little girl named Peyton was being bad and knocking stuff off tables. Her mom told her to stop and she wasn't, so the mom dragged her outside and hit her. My gosh, you could hear her mom spank her and Peyton just screamed. It was horrible. The whole store was aware of Peyton's mom's method of discipline and each person looked so uncomfortable. I could hear some customers debating whether they should say something to the mom. I felt so helpless. I am so happy that my parents never hit us.
Another day, another girl kept knocking stuff off the shelves and pulling stuff off hooks. A complete mess. The mom was oblivious to everything. When the mom turned around to get her kid and leave, the kid tried to clean up her mess. Rather than making the kid clean up, the mom said to her kid "Come on, let's go. Just leave everything where it is. It's her (meaning me) job to clean up messes". The woman just left without acknowledging me or anything. Ugg. Bitch.
Another day, a little boy was caught by his mom and dad putting a toy in his pocket. The dad got so mad! He told his boy that stealing is a crime and that the police are going to come, arrest him, put him in handcuffs, and lock him up in jail. His mom whispered for me to play along so that her son could be taught a lesson. She wanted me to pretend to call the police in front of her son, so I did. I "called" the police and the dad told his kid to get ready to go to jail. This kid looked horrified! I think he was too scared to cry because he just kept looking at the three of us with this petrified look on his face. In the end, the family left. I had to move on to another customer, so I don't know if the parents fessed up that they were lying about the police. Crazy!
Oh nicksters! So good to see you today at work! I hope we get to hang out bunches before I leave gville FOREVER.
ReplyDelete