- I got to pick out the store's music. We have a drawer full of CD that we're allowed to play in the store, and I got to choose 2. I picked Frank Sinatra and Elvis Costello.
- I was called a "groovy chick" by some old hippie. I wore my "Peace on Earth" t-shirt, and he guy said that the whole world should embrace peace. I mentioned that if I have to wear clothes, I might as well try and make a statement, to which he responded, "That's so far out".
- I sold weed magaizes to a pothead. This guy comes in smelling like weed, with red eyes and buys a copy of "High Times" and "Cannabis Culture". Hmmm....
I have a regular customer. He's like 80 years old and so cute!! It seems as if he always comes in when I'm working. He comes in, looks over to the registers, says "Hi Nicole. I'll see you in a little bit", shops, and then comes to me to ring him up. He'll even wait for me to be available. We talk about the books/movies/music he's buying and world issues. I feel so bad because I don't know his name, but I love him!
Does he ever pay with a credit card? If so, look at the name on it next time you swipe. That's what we always did at Penneys. I guess if you have a card swipe for the customer, you'll never see his card. You should just lie and tell him the card swipe doesn't work, and have him give you the card.
ReplyDeleteI haven't heard about the job yet, but I'm pretty positive I won't be living here in lex in the fall either way...