Saturday, June 6, 2009

Odds and Ends 2

  • I made lemon cupcakes the other day. I was lazy and just made the Duncan Hines boxed ones. My burps taste like lemon after I eat them.
  • I finished "Water for Elephants" and I liked it. It was a simple story, and once again, I kinda knew what was going to happen in the end.
  • Started reading "City of Thieves" yesterday during my lunch break.
  • At work yesterday, I sold 3 issues of Playboy and 1 Maxim to four different people. What surprised me was that the men who bought the 'zines were like in their 50's and 60's. GROSS!

I've noticed that I cry more. Not like, I'm cooking in the kitchen and start crying for no reason, but watching stories on the news and crying. Brian Williams would report on boys being killed in Iraq, and I would cry. On Memorial Day, there was a TV special with interviews from WWII/Korea/Vietnam veterans, and I would cry listening to their stories. I read "The Greatest Generation" and cried after reading some of the first-hand stories from men and women whose lives were affect by WWII. I'm feeling a combination of sadness for the deaths of young boys and shame and anger toward man for causing war. Last night I watched "Saving Private Ryan" on TCM and cried for the whole movie. I was just so angry at the world for starting this war and so sad for the millions of lives lost and for the families who lost a son, brother, husband, or father. It's hard to explain. I've never been affected like this before. We've learned about WWII in school and have watched countless news segments about Iraq, but I've never been emotionally affected like this before. I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment